Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Sound of Hope

We are blessed to bless - I'm a BIG believer in this!

I know for me personally I have been given so much, and it's my responsibility to pass that blessing along to others. This is how Ericka and I try to approach our lives, and it's how we approach our non-profit, The Sound of Hope.

Simply put, the Sound of Hope is a professional fundraising organization. We do what the people on the ground cannot - and that's raise the money. And the people on the ground do what we cannot - they are of the same culture and background of the kids they care for.

Even though the Sound of Hope has only been in existence for about 7 and a half months - we have already raised and released $6,000 to our 4 overseas ministry partners. We fund the operations of 2 children's home in India, an orphanage in a refugee camp along the Thai/Burma border, and feeding centers in Swaziland, Africa.

Specifically, the money we raised provided the kids in the Thai refugee camp a Christmas, your donations also paid for food and essential operating expenses at one of our orphanages in India. In our other Indian orphanage, the kids there were able to finally get school uniforms, and lastly, money raised for Swaziland will be used to provide for and feed some of the poorest children in that country.

This is the kind of thing that gets me very excited! I never thought I would love blessing others as much as I do. I get that $6,000 is not a whole lot of money, BUT we are growing, and we believe that in a short time we will be able to provide MUCH more for our partners!

To join us in our effort to bless and change lives around the world, please visit our website HERE. It's still a bit under construction, but there is a working place where you can donate. 

Stayed tuned for my next update where I will talk more specifically about what we'll be doing in Thailand.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you guys! Let us know if you need anything stateside!

    Love,
    JD & Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! Excited to hear more amazing God Did things this year!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete