Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"new" post/blog/year/decade/non-profit

Welcome to my new blog.

It's a new year, a new decade, and my wife and I got us a new non-profit - so in keeping with the "new" theme - it's time for a new blog.

Hopefully a bunch you folks who followed me over on my World Race blog for the last 3 and a half years will make it over to this new one.

And hopefully I'll actually keep it updated!

Obviously, this will be a good place where friends and family can follow our journey to Thailand. Ericka and I are leaving in 5 DAYS! I couldn't be more excited!

Also, if I can get out of my writing funk, this blog will be a place where I share openly about the joys AND struggles of my walk with Jesus. I LOVE the fact that words pretty much mean nothing to my generation. What speaks to people is HOW you live this thing out. You see, we can write/say all the Bible verses and "christianese" statements we want, but if we're not attempting to REALLY love others as we love ourselves, forgives others, and serve others - then we are just being religious. So, in that spirit of vulnerability expect some real and raw posts.

Anyway, looking forward to having you folks follow along this journey!

2 comments:

  1. Rusty and Ericka,
    Our prayers will follow you to Thailand. When God leads our steps, we can walk a little faster, hear a little clearer, feel a little deeper and see our purpose in a new light.

    So keep walking and He will keep leading.
    God Bless you both and when you arrive
    please give our kids a big hug and tell them it is from us.
    Love,
    Ray and Laurette (Mom and Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have missed your blogs. I will pray daily for your safety, mission, and travels. I can't wait to hear about God' s direction in your lives and the lives of others. Peace be with you! Gigi

    ReplyDelete