Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

My Heart is Full

I can't explain it any other way.

My heart, my mind, my spirit is full of joy, or better yet - contentment. (Yes, I know - a bit touchy feely, but true.)

Ericka and I spent the better part of 4 days being absolutely blessed and pampered by my cousin, Sam Waller. We also spent the better part of three evenings getting to know Sam - and we loved every minute of it. He is such a generous and giving man - not just to us, but to every person he comes across.

I could learn a lot from Sam. I'm better for knowing him!

My heart is also full because I'm back in Chiang Mai. This place is very special to me, as the folks in this part of the country captured my heart 3 and a half years ago. It was great to be reunited with Ray and Candace (our American contacts who live here full-time). God's got some big things in the works and I can't wait to see what the next three months hold. Plus, the idea of getting our own apartment in the middle of a foriegn city is so stinkin' cool! I'm ready to learn as much of the language as possible and get immersed in the culture!

This is living baby!

And finally, the main reason my spirit is saturated with joy is because a couple days back we got a sizable donation for our orphan ministry here in Thailand. In fact, it's the largest one-time donation we've ever received! This money will go a long way in helping us meet specific needs in our orphan work. (More on the specifics in the coming days.)

So, from my new hometown of Chiang Mai, Thailand, I say good-bye and God bless.

Rusty
(Orphan/at-risk child advocate/world changer)

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!!!! So glad you guys are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics of you guys and the Ward's! Proud of you two and can't wait to see ya soon!
    Kathy and Michael

    ReplyDelete