Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Calling ALL World Race Alumni

My fellow World Race Alumni,

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post.

For those who don't know me, my name is Rusty Jackson, and I was on the 2007 and 2008 World Race. Some of you I have led, many I have served with and hundreds I've talked to by phone when you were deciding whether or not you wanted to do the race.

I'm reaching out because we share a unique bond. I know what you've seen and been through. I know you have looked into the eyes of the orphan, held the hand of widows, served the poor, and fought for the oppressed. You are not a people that sit idly by while others suffer. You are a people of action.

This is why I'm writing. We need your help.

My wife Ericka and I run a non-profit called The Sound of Hope. We raise funds and awareness for orphans and at-risk children in Thailand, Burma, Swaziland and India.


Right now we're trying to help our Indian partners - Asha Mission - buy land. Many of you know Babu John, founder of Asha Mission, and the kids in Delhi.


You heard that right - we need $75,000 in 30 days!

We need a miracle. I'm asking you guys to BE the miracle.

Do you know every Friday these kids fast and pray for land so that one day Asha Mission can build a more suitable home for them? They have such great faith - it's humbling.

Can you BE the answer to their prayer?

The Facebook World Race Alumni page has 670 members. Imagine if every member gave ONLY a $100 - this thing would be nearly funded IN A DAY. And really, who doesn't have a HUNDRED BUCKS? This small amount will change a life FOREVER!

Or, would you be willing to host an event that raises money for these kids? For example, Jen Flavin raised almost $800 doing a chili cook-off. The possibilities are endless.

You can also share this video on Facebook, twitter, etc. I am convinced there are well-funded, Kingdom-minded people out there. We just need to connect with them.

These kids need your help - if we don't get the full $75,000 by May 20th Asha Mission loses the land, the kids lose a chance at a new, permanent home, AND the thousands of dollars used to hold the land will be gone as well.

HOW WILL YOU BE A MIRACLE TODAY?

Donate Now

No comments:

Post a Comment