Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reunions, Driver License, and Digging Wells

It's been a good week! And since we are about to start a new one here in Thailand I thought I'd bring you the highlights from the last several days.

Reunions

Loved hearing from my World Race family!
Me and several of my former World Race squadmates from 2008 had a get together online Thursday. You gotta love skype! Not everybody from our team could be there, BUT it was great hear, and see many of my favorite people who I consider family. It's a real trip seeing all the marriages, and now BABIES that are on the way!

Driver License

That's right folks - I'm legitimate! I got a real deal Thai government document - a driver's license!

Believe it or not, it wasn't too much of a pain to get. All I had to do was run by immigration, show them my condo lease to prove I had a residence here. Then I took the document I got from those guys and went over to the Thai DMV with my passport, Michigan DL and a certificate from a health clinic stating that I'm healthy to operate a vehicle. Yes, you have to get a physical in this country to get a license.

Anyway, once they had my info, I took an eye-sight and reaction test, then paid my money, got my photo taken and that was it. The whole process took less than 3 hours. For anyone who has been overseas, you know that is a miracle:)

Digging Wells

Work is continuing on the Promised Land project thanks to another large donation ($3000). This money will be used to dig and equip two wells on the property. We got a team of four World Race guys that showed up this week just in time to start working on it! Look for a video update soon.

Have a great week, and thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment